The SuperBeing Economy: What To Do When You Outgrow Yourself
This week, we dive into our evolution as “fully realized” human beings and how that reflects on the changes that are happening right now in the world around us. Dan and I make a point of talking about the stuff that's REALLY happening right NOW, both in our world and what we observe in our clients and customers. Our goal is constant, never-ending EVOLUTION.
The SuperBeing Economy is the movement and shift toward “The Singularity” — massive world, economic, and energetic shifts that are happening around us and accelerating at a faster pace every year.
What does this mean for you? By applying these concepts, ideas, and wisdom, you can predict opportunities and challenges this new future will bring to you, both personally and professionally.
Think about the progression for a moment …
We've seen a shift from a doing economy, which is rapidly being replaced by automation, robotics, and rapid moves away from people doing menial stuff. That’s scary as hell — especially to people in the blue-collar, manufacturing, transportation, task, and “gig” economy marketplaces.
Next is the “white collar” knowing economy. Information is FREE and WORTHLESS now that we all have Google and our augmented-Smartphone brains attached to us 24/7/365. You don’t need to remember or know anything right now because it’s accessible all the time (until you drop your &%#&*ing phone in the toilet!).
My prediction is that in the next 5-10 years, artificial intelligence and neural networks will be replacing and devaluing a tremendous number of knowing jobs. These are white-collar jobs including customer service, telesales, financial services, accounting, therapy, medicine, and more that rely on applied information.
For example, soon there will be a SaaS (Software As Service) you can rent that plugs right into your phone, web browser, or business “dashboard” that provides these services at 1/10 to 1/100 the price you’re paying for now.
YES, for some, that will be scary. Dan and I happen to believe this shift will create an infinite number of new and better jobs. Humans shouldn’t be mining for coal or working in sewers. Let the robots do that.
This constant evolution is forcing us to shift our capabilities and our skill sets. Humans will augment AI and neural networks, which will allow us to do more creative and innovative things.
We’ll create experiential industries and businesses.
The FIVE BIG skills and capabilities that will always be valued in the new “SuperBeing Economy” are:
- Collaborative Creation
- Experiences and Community
Machines and automation aren’t replacing those skills and things anytime soon.
Here are a few of the big ideas Dan Sullivan and I explore in this episode:
- How humans haven't actually been trained to be Human.
- How we've entered into a world of “augmented” human beings.
- The notion of “outevolving” who you are (outgrowing the “self” you were supposed to be) to increase your value.
- The distinction between a “Doer,” Knower,” and “Be-er.”
- Can we predict when we’ll outgrow who we’ll become?
- How important is it to get back in touch with who you were when you were six years old?
- How to create the courage and confidence to get out of your own way when you realize you’ve outgrown who you used to be.
- My tips on how I’ve shed my skin and reinvented myself six times over the past 30 years.
- My belief that on a spiritual energetic level, we are on the brink of singularity, a shift in human consciousness.
- My work with a Sri Lankan energetic healer.
- How everybody has to go through a knowing and doing stage of their life to accumulate experience and know what works and what doesn't.
- The big difference between knowing and wisdom.
- How when you stop being fascinated, and what's comfortable suddenly becomes uncomfortable, it’s time for an evaluation and possible reinvention.
As usual, there’s always MORE … Dan and I LOVE elevating and amplifying your life!
Get A Free Capability Amplifier Business Growth Toolkit & Know When a New Episode is Released!
Just enter your name and email address and we'll notify you when our latest episode has arrived! Don't worry...we hate spam too and respect your privacy.